Services We Offer
From writing and eating to driving a vehicle and playing sports, you rely on your hands, wrists, and elbows to help with almost everything you do throughout your day. When injuries or degenerative diseases like arthritis cause pain and immobility in your upper limbs, your quality of life can drastically diminish.
MedStar Orthopaedic Institute is located throughout the Washington, D.C. region with locations in Maryland and Northern Virginia. We offer comprehensive and personalized treatment options for the full range of upper extremity conditions. Our experienced team of orthopedic specialists and surgeons are all fellowship-trained in hand and wrist surgery and are leaders in our field. We’re focused on compassionate, personalized care and a collaborative approach, which utilizes the latest techniques backed by academic medicine.
Our fellowship-trained hand specialists offer:
- Convenient, top-notch care throughout D.C., Maryland, and Virginia
- The latest technologies and techniques, using state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive approaches whenever possible
- A multidisciplinary team with collaboration from MedStar National Rehabilitation Network, the #1 hospital for rehabilitation, with personalized programs designed to help you have the most successful recovery surgery
With offices in MD, D.C., and VA., we provide the best of academic medicine right in your backyard. Our satellite offices give you access to top notch surgeons as well as other services for your unique needs, including hand physical therapy.
We approach your treatment and recovery as a team to bring you the most successful outcome.
No matter how complex your condition, you can feel confident that our team has the skills and experience to find a solution that will help you. Contact MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at 202-295-0511 to meet with an orthopedic specialist.
Conditions We Treat
- Arthritis of the Hand & Wrist
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Elbow Arthritis
- Hand Cysts & Tumors
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (Hand)
- Sports-Related Elbow Injuries
- Tendonitis/Sports-related Hand & Wrist Injuries
- Tennis Elbow & Tendonitis
- Traumatic Elbow Injuries
- Trauma to the Hand, Wrist and Forearm
- Trigger Finger
- Ulnar Nerve Compression
- Wrist Fracture (Break)
Treatments We Offer
- Arthritis Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Arthroscopy of the Hand & Wrist
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Complex Fracture Repair of the Hand & Wrist
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Elbow Replacement
- Nerve Decompression (Cubital Tunnel Surgery)
- Open Reduction with Internal Fixation of the Elbow
- Tennis Elbow Surgery
- Trigger Finger Release
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery)
- Wide Awake Hand Surgery