MedStar Washington Hospital Center
106 Irving St, NW
POB North, Suite 5000
Washington, DC 20010
MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a part of the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute, the area’s largest and most experienced team of orthopedic surgeons. A leader in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of orthopedic conditions, we combine the experience and expertise of 38 skilled orthopedic surgeons who use their knowledge and advanced training to customize the right solution for you. With appointments available at a number of convenient locations throughout the region, patients benefit from the collective knowledge of our specialists.
We offer a wide range of solutions, both surgical and non-surgical, for the treatment of athletes ranging from adolescent to the professional and master athlete. While we pride ourselves on the ability to surgically fix any problem in the injured athlete, our emphasis is on prevention and conservative care with surgery as the last resort. Our sports medicine doctors have operated on hundreds of professional and collegiate athletes in multiple sports.
- Surgical treatment of the elite thrower’s shoulder
- Surgical treatment of the dislocated shoulder, both arthroscopic and open
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction of the elbow in professional, collegiate and high school baseball athletes
- ACL reconstruction
- Multi-ligament knee injury
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder replacement