Kevin O’Malley, MD
Dr. Kevin O’Malley is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity surgery and Chief of Orthopedic Hand Surgery at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. His areas of special interest and surgical expertise include:
- Treatment of acute upper extremity trauma
- Hand, wrist and elbow arthroscopy
- Fracture care
- Soft-tissue reconstruction, including tendon transfers, nerve repair, and soft tissue coverage
- Surgical treatment of arthritis affecting the wrist, elbow, and shoulder
He approaches clinical care with the understanding that he is caring for the whole person, not just the hand and upper extremity. He emphasizes taking time to listen to patients to find treatment plans tailored to each individual patient’s life and goals.
Dr. O’Malley has presented at conferences on hand and upper extremity surgery and trauma and is involved in ongoing research on these topics. He previously served as a clinical instructor at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Outside of the office, Dr. O’Malley enjoys spending time with his family and exploring the outdoors.
Medical Degree: Georgetown University Medical School
Residency: Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: Tufts University Medical Center and New England Baptist Hospital, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Fellowship Program Tufts University Medical Center - 2020
- Medical School Georgetown University School of Medicine - 2014
- Residency Program MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 2019
Contact Us by Phone
Our providers are available to diagnose and treat a wide range of orthopedic and sports medicine injuries. To request an appointment by phone, please call (855) 788-6464. , Monday-Friday, 8a.m. to 6p.m.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately for assistance.
Your privacy is important to us. All information you provide is 100% confidential.