John A. Kuri, II, MD
Dr. John A. Kuri II is an experienced, board-certified orthopedic surgeon who treats patients with a range of orthopedic issues. His areas of special expertise include sports medicine, shoulder and elbow surgery, and trauma, but he also participates in general orthopedic care. Before joining MedStar Orthopaedic Institute, Dr. Kuri not only treated patients in his practice, but he also served as one of the team physicians for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Dr. Kuri’s goal is to provide high-quality, compassionate orthopedic care without compromise to every patient so that each patient can reclaim his or her pre-injury life. He does this through active listening, attention to detail, and by maintaining cutting-edge expertise in orthopedic surgery. He believes in educating all patients about their diagnosis and treatment options so they can make informed decisions. He spends time with each patient providing all the information needed to make these decisions and answering all questions. He views treatment as a partnership between the patient and healthcare team and helps patients be active participants in their care.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship Program Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - 2007
- Fellowship Program University of Pennsylvania - 2008
- Medical School Georgetown University School of Medicine - 2001
- Residency Program Montefiore Medical Center - 2006
- Sports-Related Knee Pain
- Articular Cartilage Damage (Knee)
- ACL and Ligament Injuries
- Meniscus Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Tennis Elbow & Tendonitis
- Ulnar Nerve Compression
- Sports-Related Elbow Injuries
- Shoulder Pain, Instability and Dislocations
- Traumatic Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Arthritis
- Proximal Humerus (Shoulder) Fracture
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Labrum Tear
- Sports-Related Hip Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
Contact Us by Phone
Our providers are available to diagnose and treat a wide range of orthopedic and sports medicine injuries. To request an appointment by phone, please call (855) 788-6464. , Monday-Friday, 8a.m. to 6p.m.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately for assistance.
Your privacy is important to us. All information you provide is 100% confidential.