Evan H. Argintar, MD
Evan Argintar, MD, is a member of the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where he performs surgery. Dr. Argintar also serves as the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Since September of 2012, Dr. Argintar has served as Director of Sports Medicine Research at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Residency, Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center, and Clinical Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery at The George Washington University Hospital.
Dr. Argintar specializes in sports injury and upper extremity reconstruction. He sees patients with injuries to the knee, shoulder, elbow and hip. His clinical interests include arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction, joint reconstruction/replacement, cartilage restoration, hip arthroscopy and hip preservation. He is currently involved in research on ACL repair, a new surgical technique that may replace traditional ACL reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Argintar began his medical career in the D.C. area, earning his medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. He then completed both his residency and internship in orthopaedic surgery at the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. He completed his fellowship training in sports medicine and upper extremity reconstruction at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California before returning to the area to join MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Argintar played collegiate lacrosse at Tufts University, contributing to his passion for caring for athletes at all levels, including professional athletes. He previously served as Assistant Team Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Washington Nationals and the Washington Wizards. When not seeking prospective research in sports medicine, Dr. Argintar enjoys spending time with his family.
“I believe that patients should be heavily involved in the decisions made about the care they receive. In order to engage my patients, I use technology, a positive attitude and humor to help explain the technicalities of their situation in a very accessible way. Through these interactions, my aim is to be the best listener possible and be attentive to my patient’s concerns. I encourage dialogue and questions from my patients. This allows me to tailor treatment plans according to an individual’s needs. I place emphasis on explaining non-operative treatments, and, when possible, I always try to optimize these options before proceeding with surgery.”
I thrive on collaboration and prioritize communication with referring physicians. It is important for me to be available as quickly as possible for all patients referred to my office. I routinely use and expect email correspondence in an effort to stream-line care. Referring physicians should always expect correspondence from me as I send a letter to each physician who sends a patient to my office.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Fellowship Program Keck School of Medicine at USC - 2012
- Internship Program MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 2007
- Medical School Georgetown University School of Medicine - 2006
- Residency Program MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 2011
- Sports-Related Knee Pain
- Articular Cartilage Damage (Knee)
- ACL and Ligament Injuries
- Meniscus Injuries
- Knee Pain
- Tennis Elbow & Tendonitis
- Ulnar Nerve Compression
- Sports-Related Elbow Injuries
- Shoulder Pain, Instability and Dislocations
- Frozen Shoulder
- Traumatic Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Arthritis
- Proximal Humerus (Shoulder) Fracture
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Labrum Tear
- Sports-Related Hip Pain
Dr. Evan Argintar, Orthopaedic Surgeon
FB Live with Dr. Evan Argintar, MD
MedStar Health Providers participate with a wide range of health insurance products. We accept self-pay patients and the insurances plans listed below. This list is not comprehensive, it is updated periodically and is subject to change. If you do not see your health insurance plan or product listed, or if you have any questions regarding MedStar Health’s participation with your health plan, please contact your health plan to verify participation with our providers.
Since the MedStar Health providers span the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia regions, our participation with DC, Maryland and Virginia Medical Assistance programs varies by provider group. Please contact your MedStar Physician’s Office to assist with verifying Medical Assistance participation. If you are enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Organization, please contact your Medicaid health plan to verify participation.Insurance Plans Accepted
- AETNA - Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - Choice Fund PPO
- AETNA - Open POS II
- AETNA - Open EPO Plus
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - POS OA & OA Plus
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Compass (HMO)
- AETNA - Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- AETNA - Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- AETNA - Aetna USAccess (POS)
- AETNA - Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- AETNA - Innovation Health: POS Plus
- AETNA - Aetna Student Health Insurance
- AETNA - Innovation Health: PPO
- AETNA - Innovation Health: Indemnity
- AETNA - Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std. & Basic PPO)
- CAREFIRST - HealthyBlue PPO
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- CAREFIRST - CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - CIGNA POS/Network POS
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE - CIGNA Indemnity
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK - Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK - Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK - First Health PPO
- FIRST HEALTH (NOW COVENTRY) - FIRST HEALTH
- TRICARE - Tricare Prime
- TRICARE - Tricare Standard
- TRICARE - Tricare Extra (Indemnity)
- TRICARE - Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- MEDSTAR FAMILY CHOICE - MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- MEDSTAR SELECT - MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- MEDSTAR MEDICARE CHOICE - MedStar Medicare Choice
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Core Essential (HMO)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Choice Plus
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Student Resources
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - M.D. IPA (HMO)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- AETNA - Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK - Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- CAREFIRST - Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, INC. (PHCS) - Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE - OneNet PPO, Inc.
Contact Us by Phone
Our providers are available to diagnose and treat a wide range of orthopedic and sports medicine injuries. To request an appointment by phone, please call (855) 788-6464. , Monday-Friday, 8a.m. to 6p.m.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately for assistance.
Your privacy is important to us. All information you provide is 100% confidential.